Monday, January 31, 2011

Adventure Cleanse: Day 1

So my adventure cleanse has officially begun, and I have to say that I am loving it so far! I had my green juice in the morning and it was quite tasty. Although, I think I might have had a bit too much too soon because my stomach started to feel a bit queasy afterward, but it quickly passed. Overall, I didn't feel any detox symptoms, and I didn't have any cravings for coffee, sugar or wheat. yay! I really stuck to the food component of the cleanse, and I think I managed an 80% raw food intake.

Here is a list of day 1's eats:

Breakfast:
Make Juice, NOT War Juice!
- 3 leaves of kale
- 3 leaves of romaine
- 1 red pear
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 whole lemon (without peel)
- 1/2 inch ginger root

This juice is supposed also have a broccoli stem, but I forgot to put it in.





Lunch:

Quinoa with a splash of Braggs.

Slaw Salad with almond butter thai sauce

Salad:
- red cabbage
- chard
- carrots
- yellow pepper
- chard

Almond butter Thai sauce (from Crazy Sexy Diet)
- 1/2 c almond butter
- 1 T fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 T lemon juice
- 2 T sweetener (agave, dates, or raisins)
- 1/3 c water

add all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth

Dinner:

Raw Noodle Bowl
- zucchini noodles
- broccoli
- orange bell pepper
- avacado
- hot red pepper flakes
- left over almond butter thai sauce

Raw sweet peas with gomasio

Teriyaki tofu (adapted from "Crazy Sexy Diet"
- 3 T Braggs
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 3 T mirin
- 2 T agave
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T ginger, minced

whisk ingredients together, and let tofu marinade in it for a few hours. Lightly saute.




snacks:
1 banana
handful of raw cashews
lots of dried dates! ( I was craving something sweet, and dates are a nice healthy sweet treat)

See you tomorrow with Day 2!

hugs and veggies,
Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment